Bacon, Onion and Sundried Tomato Stuffing is a savory dressing recipe. It goes well with turkey, chicken, pork or vegetable main dishes.
Bacon, Onion and Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffing Recipe
- 16 oz. loaf of Italian bread (cut into 1″ or smaller cubes)
- 8 slices of bacon (diced small)
- 1 cup onion (minced)
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil (cut into 1/4″ wide slices)
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 3 1/2 – 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- pinch of white pepper
- 3 tbs. butter
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spread the cubed bread out on a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and dried out.
- While the cubed bread is baking, put bacon in large skillet on med-high heat.
- When bacon starts to crisp, add onion. Sauté until onions are cooked through and lightly browned.
- Add Sundried tomatoes and garlic. Stir.
- Crush dried rosemary into the pan with you fingers
- Add butter, pepper, Worcestershire and 3 cups of broth.
- Fold in croutons.
- Add 1/2 – 1 cup more broth as needed.
- Serve as is or bake for approx. 15 min at 375 to crisp top.