There is a brand new dessert cook book just released from the editors of Bon Appétit. It is called Bon Appétit Desserts and it features more than 600 dessert recipes. All of the recipes have been meticulously tested to ensure excellent results every time. The book also details techniques needed in dessert preparation, such as, seeding vanilla beans, how to supreme an orange and weight vs. volume measures.
Recipes range from the exotic, such as Kumquat-Cardamon Tea bread, to classics like New York style Cheesecake. A full range of dessert types are also covered including cakes, puddings, pies, trifles, cookies and so much more. Most with large color photographs accompanying the recipes, to give you an idea what your results should look like.
Check out this video to get more of a feel for the book:
A great dessert book for both experienced pastry cooks and newbies alike. Bon Appétit Desserts would come in very handy with the holidays coming up. It would also make a lovely gift for your favorite cook.
Disclosure: While a review copy was provided for the purpose of this review, all opinions presented here are entirely my own. No compensation was given.
Ways to enter (pick as many or as few as you like):
- Tell me who you would give the book to, or would you keep it for yourself
- Subscribe to Yankee Kitchen via email or RSS
- Follow @YankeeKitchen on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway with a link back to this page. (can be done once per day)
- Like The Yankee Kitchen on Facebook.
- If you are coming from my Holiday Gift Guide and have the button installed on your blog those entries will also be accepted in this drawing
One winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries, and will have 48 hours to respond to their prize winner email notification. If winner fails to respond, within that time period, a new winner will be selected. Contest ends November 17, 2010 at 11:59 pm CT. Open to US residents, age 18+.