Recipe: Cheesy Pork Oreganato
Summary: A satisfying light dinner for the whole family, in just 15 minutes.
- 12 oz.Steam in bag broccoli in light cheese sauce
- small pork tenderloin (trimmed)
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of sliced roasted red peppers (jarred or leftover)
- 1/2 tsp. of dried oregano
- jasmine rice
- If you don’t have precooked rice on hand start it now. Jasmine rice cooks quickly, and should be ready for the meal.
- Place steamer bag of broccoli in microwave, for 1 minute less time than suggested.
- Put oil in pan, on med-high heat.
- Thinly slice the tenderloin, then drop it in the hot pan. Add the garlic too. Stirfry.
- Add the peppers, then broccoli. Cut down heat to low, and gently stir until melded together. Let it cook for a minute or two.
- Serve over rice.
We eat this with a splash of hot sauce in my home, but some grated romano would be good, as well.
Cooking time (duration): 15
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat
Meal type: dinner