This Tuna Puttanesca recipe is better served room temperature – slightly chilled, rather than hot. It also utilizes sliced sun-dried tomatoes and oil, rather than the usual tomato sauce base. Good quality jarred Yellowfin tuna works perfectly in this spicy Puttanesca sauce. Features both Kalamata and green olives, tossed with pasta. A great summer dish or when you need a plate that will travel well. I serve either white wine or a red wine with strong berry flavors, with this puttanesca.
Chilled Yellowfin Tuna Puttanecsa Recipe
1/2 lb. dried rigatoni
jar of quality tuna (I used Tonnino Premium Yellowfin)
1/2 a sweet onion diced
1/2 c. Kalamata olives (pitted & halved)
1/2 c. small green olives
1/2 c. sliced sundried tomatoes packed in oil
1/2 tbs jarred crushed hot peppers (1/2 tsp if dried)
1/2 tsp. of crushed garlic
- Boil rigatoni.
- Saute onions on med-high heat, until cooked through.
- Add garlic and olives, turn down heat to med. Stir.
- Add sundried tomatoes and hot pepper. Stir.
- Add tuna to the puttanesca sauce. Shut off the burner. Stir.
- Toss in rigatoni. Then transfer to bowl to cool.
- Serve the Tuna Puttanecsa at room temp or slightly cooler, for best flavor.