This Horseradish Potato Salad with Gorgonzola Cheese makes an excellent side for grilled meats, barbecue and of course roast beef sandwiches. A potato salad the cools spicy main dishes, while still packing a lot of flavor. Use sample sizes as fun appetizer, and be sure to keep it in mind for your upcoming tailgate party.
|Horseradish Potato Salad with Gorgonzola Recipe||
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs. potatoes (all purpose or red bliss)
- 1/3 c. Mayonnaise
- 2 tbs. low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tbs. horseradish
- 1 tbs. chopped chives
- 1/2 c. crumbled Gorgonzola (Roquefort or Blue Cheese are acceptable substitutes)
- Cut the potatoes into bite size pieces, and boil in lightly salted water, until cooked through.
- Drain. and set aside to cool.
- Whisk the mayonnaise ans buttermilk together, add horse radish and whisk again.
- Add chives and cheese stir with a spoon to mix. Avoid breaking up most of the Gorgonzola chunks.
- Fold in the potatoes, mix thoroughly, and refrigerate.
- Wait at least 3 hours to allow flavors to meld, before serving.
Optional: top with more cheese chives and bacon.