I was in the mood for a bit of kitchen experimentation this afternoon. I came up with many different pizza recipes, some more successful than others, but this Lemon, Walnut and Blue Cheese Pizza was the hands down winner. It packs a big flavor punch, and the smell of fresh lemon is lovely in the kitchen.
|Lemon, Walnut and Blue Cheese Pizza||
- 1 lb. pizza dough
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 large garlic clove (crushed & minced)
- generous pinch of kosher or sea salt
- handful (roughly 1/4 cup) shelled walnuts
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup crumbed blue cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Stretch out dough & put on lightly oiled sheet pan.
- Put zest, juice, oil, garlic, salt and thyme in sauce pan on med-high heat.
- Reduce the liquid until glossy and spreadable.
- Spread evenly over the dough.
- Chop the walnuts.
- Spread the nuts and blue cheese over the dough.
- *optional grind black pepper over top
- Bake until nice and crisp (approx. 25 minutes)
While this pizza is tasty hot, it is best at room temperature, so works well on buffet table.