This Oyster Mushroom and Goat Cheese Bruschetta recipe is easy to make. The rich flavors of the ingredients don’t need much help, so I kept it pretty simple. Since it is quick to prepare, it’s perfect for adding a course to special meals, when crunched for time.
I personally would serve a creamy chardonnay with this, but a mellower red would compliment the mushrooms while not fighting with the cheese too much.
- 2 thick slices of artisan bread
- ½ tbs. olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic (crushed minced)
- 8 oz. of oyster mushrooms
- ¼ cup chardonnay
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 6-8 springs of lemon thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2-3 oz. goat cheese
- Baste the bread slices with olive oil and either grill or toast in the oven until crispy and golden brown.
- Set the bruschetta toasts aside on a towel to retain crispness.
- Add oil and garlic to hot saute pan (med-high heat)
- Saute until garlic has mellowed, then add mushrooms and thyme.
- Saute for about another minute, then add the wine and stock.
- Stir while the liquid reduces. Once reduced by about ¾, remove from heat and spoon over the bruschetta toasts.
- Top with the goat cheese and drizzle with olive oil.