Summary: A quick Thai inspired light meal.
Cooking time (duration): 15
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat
I have been making a lot of quick light meals lately. Rice noodles cook quickly, and are a great starch for Asian meals. The Ponzu and lime, pack a tangy punch, so you won’t be missing out on flavor with this dish. It is a simple meal that makes for a good option when cooking for one, and is very reminiscent of the noodles served in Thai restaurants, only perhaps with a bit more punch. . It like many of my light recipes is portioned for one serving. Simply multiply as needed.
Ingredients (amounts listed are per serving):
rice noodles (the amount that will fit in the circle created when you put you pointer finger to the top crease in your thumb is approx. a portion)
3 oz. chicken thinly sliced
1/4 cup sliced onions
1/2 tbs. fresh lime juice ( about half a lime)
1 tsp. canola oil
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. curry powder
3-4 basil leaves
1 tsp. Ponzu sauce (and more to use at serving time)
- Soak noodles in hot water, while doing the rest of the preparations.
- Put oil in nonstick wok or skillet on med-high heat.
- Fry the onions, until they are starting to show browning.
- Add chicken, and stir fry. Add chili & curry once chicken starts to cook.
- Once chicken is cooked through, add noodles, with 2 tsp of the soaking water.
- Toss in lime and ponzu sauce. Add basil and toss rice noodles well to coat.
- Serve with a splash of Ponzu on top.