Summary: At only 160 calories per serving, there is no need to skip dessert. (Recipe Serves 2)
- 1 extra large peach
- 1 cup frozen yogurt (100 calories per serving)
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp powdered vanilla
- Preheat grill (Coat grid will oil or cooking spray, or use a non-stick indoor grill) review of the grill I used to make this
- Slice peach in half at the seam. Twist, to halve. Scoop out pit with a spoon. (see pic. at bottom of recipe)
- Flip the halves flat side down, and slice off the top of the skin. Then, slice peach into slabs (between a 1/4 & 1/2 inch thick)
- Whisk together sugar, cinnamon and powdered vanilla.
- Sprinkle the mixture on the peach slabs generously.
- Grill peaches until softened, but not mushy.
- Place slab of peach in bottom of shallow bowls, top with half cup of the vanilla frozen yogurt, then another slice of peach.
- Serve immediately. The ice cream will melt fast.
A sprig of mint or a couple strawberry slices add color.
Cooking time (duration): 10 minutes
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat
Meal type: dessert