Bacon, Onion and Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffing Recipe
- 16 oz. loaf of Italian bread cut into 1" or smaller cubes
- 8 slices of bacon diced small
- 1 cup onion minced
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil cut into 1/4" wide slices
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- pinch of white pepper
- 3 tbs. butter
Preheat oven to 350
Spread the cubed bread out on a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and dried out.
While the cubed bread is baking, put bacon in large skillet on med-high heat.
When bacon starts to crisp, add onion. Sauté until onions are cooked through and lightly browned.
Add Sundried tomatoes and garlic. Stir.
Crush dried rosemary into the pan with you fingers
Add butter, pepper, Worcestershire and 3 cups of broth.
Fold in croutons.
Add 1/2 - 1 cup more broth as needed.
Serve as is or bake for approx. 15 min at 375 to crisp top.
Spread the love