If you are looking for quick appetizers recipes that are also easy for our guests to handle, and pack a lot of flavor, this Crostini recipe is just the thing. I actually came up with this Creamy Tango Crostini recipe in the summer, but it would be great for holiday parties, as well. Buying pre-roasted tomatoes, makes this quick and easy. Although making crostini is simple and doesn’t take long, when you are in a real pinch fir time buying ready-made crostini, would cut down on prep time even more.
Creamy Tango Crostini Recipe
Loaf of French bread & seasoned olive oil (or ready made crostini)
8 oz. cream cheese
1 1/2 tsp. anchovy paste
1/2 tsp. Worchestershire sauce
2 tbs. of capers
approx. 8 oz. of roasted tomatoes (I get them ready-made at Whole Foods)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. (if you are willing to watch very closely, and are pressed for time, do them in the broiler)
- Cut the loaf into crostini slices about a 1/3″ thick.
- Baste with seasoned oil and bake.
- Flip over after 6-8 minutes, crostini are done when crisp and lightly browned.
- Put the crostini on a towel or rack to cool.
- Mix cream cheese, anchovy paste, Worchestershire and capers.
- Spread a generous smear of the mixture on each crostini and top with roasted tomato.
If you can’t find the roasted tomatoes, and don’t have time to roast your own, mince up oil packed sundried tomatoes and some nice quality green olives, into a simple tapenade, and top the crostini with it instead.