This easy flavorful vegetable frittata, is both filling and packed with nutrients, while keeping you on track with your diet. Feta is used since a small amount of this slightly lower calorie cheese packs a punch in the flavor department.
Fresh Garden Frittata with Feta Recipe
3 eggs (2 yolks removed)
1 cup quartered and sliced zucchini squash (use small squash )
1 cup diced sweet onion
3/4 cup fresh mushrooms (chopped or hand broken)
1/4 cup roasted red peppers (chopped)
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
6-8 fresh basil leaves
1 tsp olive oil
- Add olive oil to 8 ” non-stick skillet, on med-high heat.
- Toss in the zucchini and onions, and saute, until they are lightly carmelized.
- Add the mushrooms and peppers, then turn down the heat to low-med.
- Beat the eggs for 80 strokes, then add feta cheese to the eggs.
- Turn the pan down to low, and pour in the eggs. Shake the pan a little to ensure the eggs seep in, then cover.
- Turn on your broiler.
- When the frittata has set on the bottom, the top will still be loose. Put under broiler and watch closely. As soon as eggs set, you are done.
- Place a plate over skillet, and flip the frittata out on to it. If eggs have set, it should come out in one piece.
- Chiffonade the basil and sprinkle over the frittata.