Spicy Calamari, Shrimp and Garbanzo Beans Recipe
2-3 calamari (squid) tubes
6-8 large shrimp
1 cup canned garbanzo beans
1/3 cup diced fresh tomatoes
tbs. olive oil
1/2 vidalia onion (diced small)
juice of 1/2 a lemon
2 tsp white vinegar
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cilantro
1/2 tsp chili powder
tsp crushed jarred red pepper
1/2 tsp minced garlic
pinch of white pepper
generous pinch of kosher salt
- Placed the Vidalia onions in a bowl with lemon, salt and vinegar. Set aside.
- Place oil in nonstick skillet or wok, over med-high heat.
- Cut the squid into rings, and shrimp into bite size pieces.
- Drop the spices and garlic into the hot pan, stir, then drop in the seafood.
- Stir, reduce heat to simmer and add the onion mixture and the tomatoes.
- Simmer covered for approximately 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Makes two lunch size portions.